The protection of your privacy is important to us. This policy exists to explain how and why RELEX Foundation for a Better Future uses the personal information we collect when you visit our websites or apply for a grant. By visiting RELEX Foundation’s websites/systems, you consent to our use of this information in this way.
This policy ensures the RELEX Foundation:
- complies with data protection regulation and follows good practices;
- protects the rights of individuals who access our websites/systems;
- is open about how it stores and processes individuals’ data on our websites/systems; and
- protects itself from the risks of a data breach.
Data protection principles: In relation to your personal data, we will process it fairly, lawfully and in a clear, transparent way; keep your data for only as long as we need it; and keep it securely.
What information we collect
You are voluntarily giving us information that we use when you:
1. contact us through our websites or by email;
2. submit a letter of enquiry;
3. apply for a grant;
4. apply for a job;
5. register to our events;
6. respond to surveys;
7. subscribe to our newsletters; and
6. report fraud or abuse.
That information can include your e-mail address, first and last name, organisation name, and project details. By giving us this information, you consent to us collecting and using the information for the indicated purpose and/or using the information to provide you with the communications you requested.
We use the information you give us to:
- provide you with the services and the information about our activities and events that you have requested;
- assess your application when applying for a job;
- conduct surveys and process your response to any survey you participate in for research, evaluation, and statistical purposes;
- send you the newsletters that you have subscribed to;
- use your information and share with relevant internal staff, external reviewers, evaluators, and auditors when you submit a letter of enquiry, apply for a grant or report fraud or abuse;
- process your grant application;
- process, monitor, analyse, and evaluate your grant with RELEX Foundation;
- offer you services, information (e.g., through email and newsletters) and support if you are a grantee of RELEX Foundation;
- administer any user accounts we set up for you; and
- ensure that content from our websites is presented in the most effective manner for you.
The technical information we collect (e.g., through cookies described below) when you visit our websites is used for site administration and internal operations (i.e., troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, and statistical and survey purposes). This enables us to improve our websites/systems to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device, to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services when you choose to do so, and as part of our efforts to keep our websites safe and secure.
How we share your information
For the purposes described above, we may share your personal information with different parts of our organisation. Your information is processed by service providers that support our communications infrastructure when yo, submit a letter of enquiry, apply for a grant, report fraud or abuse, take a survey, sign up for our events or our newsletter. The service providers are as follows:
- for our online form for submitting a letter of enquiry, we use Google Forms; and
- for our surveys, we use Google Forms
How we retain your data
We do our best to keep your data accurate and up to date, to the extent that you provide us with the information we need to do so. If your data changes, then you are responsible for notifying us of those changes. Upon request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information.
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you with the information and services you subscribed to. We may also retain and use your information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent abuse, and ensure our agreements.
What are your rights
In certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- request a copy of the information we hold about you;
- update or amend the information we hold about you;
- change your communication preferences at any time including withdrawing consent to be contacted by email, phone or sms; and
- ask us to remove your personal information from our records.
If you are unhappy about the way we use your personal data or the way in which we respond to your request to exercise your data protection rights, you can contact the Director of Administration at the address listed below. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
RELEX Säätiö parempaan tulevaisuuteen sr
Teollisuuskatu 18 20 A 18
What third party affiliates we use
Our websites may contain links to and from the websites of third-party affiliates (e.g. LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo, X and Youtube, among others). These sites have their own privacy policies which you are advised to read. We accept no responsibility or liability for such policies.
When and why we make changes to this policy
As privacy and transparency are important, we may make changes to our policies to ensure that we are relevant and accurate, so please check from time to time for updates. Please contact us at email@example.com for questions or further information.
Cookies are set when you:
- click on social networking buttons on our website;
- watch videos;
- use our online forms; and
- take part in surveys.
Additional information for job applicants
We will only collect your data for reasons that we find proper for the course of your job application and in a way that is explained to you.
As well as name and contact details, we hold the CV and/or application form you provide which includes information about education and qualifications, former employers and work history. All the information we hold is necessary for us to assess your suitability for the job role on offer.
Before we confirm a job offer, we carry out some pre-employment checks including taking up references. To carry out these checks we share your name and relevant employment information, to enable referees to identify you. Our pre-employment checks will include checks carried out in countries outside of the EEA if that is where you lived and worked previously. It is in our legitimate business interests, and your own best interests, to make sure that we offer the job to the most appropriate candidate.
Once your appointment is agreed we will use your personal data to send the employment contract and job offer to you. These are steps preparatory to entering into the contract of employment. We will also notify any recruitment agency involved in your recruitment that an offer has been made. Most of the information we hold at the recruitment stage has been provided by you directly, or on your behalf by the employment agency.
We keep our recruitment records for the duration of the recruitment process and then for no longer than 12 months for unsuccessful candidates unless otherwise agreed. For successful candidates the personal data in the recruitment file will be carried forward into the employee’s HR file.We may share your data with colleagues within the organisation where it is necessary for them to undertake their recruitment duties and we may share your data with external people who are involved in the recruitment, such as our HR adviser.
Our commitment to GDPR
- the information that we collect;
- how we use this information and how we store it, and
- how you can request us to update, correct, or delete your data.
We securely store all information you provide to us. As the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our websites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
This site or any portion of this site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose. Various content on this site may be subject to copyright by authors, consultants, journals, and publishers. Use of the copyrighted material is subject to the terms and conditions of use established by the author, consultant, journal, or publisher.
Although we endeavour to ensure that the content on our websites are accurate and up to date, RELEX Foundation accepts no responsibility for loss arising from reliance on information contained in this site or other sites that may be linked to from our site from time to time.